A fun breakfast idea.
- Whole egg (1 per cup)
- Thin sliced ham or cooked bacon
- Cheese (I used old cheddar)
- Chipotle hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put two slices of ham into personal ramekins in a “cup” shape (ie line the cup with ham). If using bacon, either shape the bacon to the cup if it’s not too cripsy; otherwise break the bacon up and line the ramekin
- Crack one whole egg into the ramekin on top of the ham.
- Add a couple of dashes of chipotle hot sauce on top of the egg.
- (Note that there is no added salt in this recipe – if you’re using ham or bacon, there is already a lot of salt in this dish, and the egg doesn’t need additional seasoning) (well, maybe a little pepper)
- Add a few slices of cheese on top of the egg, just to cover the top of the egg.
- Bake the ramekins for 16-18 minutes. The goal here is to have the egg white set while the yolk is still a bit running.
- Remove from the oven, and eat.