I had a dinner party yesterday and made my mother’s very best ever Alfredo sauce. It is incredibly good and very easy to make.
- 1 l whipping cream (33%mf)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Half a block of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated/flaked parmesan
- A dash of freshly ground pepper
- A shake Hot paprika (like 1/16 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
Cooking time: 90 minutes or more.
- Add the whipping cream to a saucepan and turn the burner on to low.
- Crush the garlic clove into the cream and give it a stir.
- Cook the whipping cream on low for about an hour, until the cream has reduced to about 3/4s.
- Add the cream cheese, the parmesan, pepper and paprika. Stir.
- Keep stirring and cooking on low to medium-low for a while longer, half an hour if you have it.
- Add salt and more pepper to taste.
- Serve over freshly made pasta.