My new year’s resolution is to blog more here – and I have a lot of pics for the 2014 year in review coming up. In the meantime:
- One bag of frozen pre-cooked shrimp (find the kind with shells and tails removed; it’s so much easier)
- Half a medium-sized onion (white or red)
- 3 celery stalks (washed etc)
- Dill (dried or fresh)
- Granulated garlic
- Red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- To thaw the shrimp in a food-safe and efficient manner, empty the frozen shrimps into a bowl in the sink and run cold tap water over the shrimps until thawed. Drain the shrimp well.
- Finely dice the onion and celery.
- Chop the shrimp as fine as you want it – it’s nice to have a bit of variety in the shrimp.
- Combine in a bowl with two tablespoons of mayonnaise. (You may want to add more later but start small)
- Add 1 teaspoon dill, 1/2 teaspoon garlic (or less depending on your crowd), 1 teaspoon chili flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine, then put in the fridge for a few hours.
- Just before serving, squeeze over the salad the juice of 1/4 lemon (or more) and add more salt to taste.
- Serve on crackers.