My parents went to see Cirque du Soleil’s Kooza on Friday, and afterwards they came to my house for dinner (my first dinner party!) Only we didn’t have anything to eat, so we swung through Whole Paycheque Foods and came back to my place to make dinner.
Did I mention my mother is a world-class chef?
So anyway, we had a lovely dinner: some sautéed red chard, green olive bread from Terra Breads with a lovely Quebec brie cheese, chicken sausages (which, unfortunately, were the least impressive part of the meal), cobbed corn, and an heirloom tomato salad.
Which was the most delish thing ever.
Which means it’s recipe time!
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes (or other flavourful tomatoes)
- Half a red onion, diced
- 300 g or so of feta cheese (goat or cow milk, whatever you like), cut into chunks
- ~ one cup of assorted olives (kalamta, sicilian… again, whatever you like)
- handful of fresh basil leaves, ripped up
- a few shakes of white balsamic vinegar
- two tablespoons of olive oil (virgin)
- pinch dried thyme
- dashes of salt n peppa
- Let sit in fridge for 30 min.
(what, you though this was complicated?)